SW Locums are looking to acquire the services of a bright eyed, bushy tailed Newly Qualified Social Worker for this Children & Family Team in Wirral.
You will be expected to work within the Standards of conduct, performance and ethics as described by Social Work England and the HCPC, ensure compliance with legal, organisational and multi-agency requirements, carry a caseload and undertake a range of community care and safeguarding assessments deemed to be suitable for a newly qualified social worker, including appropriate management of risk.
Although ASYE would be an advantage, it is not an essential requirement for this vacancy.
- Provide information and support to enable people, groups and communities to access universal services, commission a range of services designed to minimise risks, and improve the quality of life for individuals, families, carers/carer groups and communities.
- Balance needs and risks with rights and choices, taking account of power differences and promoting positive outcomes for individuals, families and carers.
- Liaise with colleagues in own and other departments and external agencies in order to gather information relevant to assessment and reviewing of care planning activities.
- Accurately record and critically analyse information, following organisational policies and meeting organisational responsibilities for safeguarding.
- Work across organisational boundaries and contribute to the work of established and developing multi agency teams, applying your skills knowledge and professional judgement within the council and agency requirements helping to ensure seamless service responses to individuals with multiple needs.
- Undertake social work with families in order to reduce the need for care or accommodation and a range of community care and safeguarding assessments in accordance with relevant statutory requirements, identifying risks, and appropriate support plans.
- Maintain and update case notes and other records, write reports as required.
- Undertake statutory duties relating to safeguarding concerns, alongside a more experienced Social Worker where appropriate.
- When required give evidence in Court in relation to Care Proceedings or other Court related matters.
- Able to demonstrate practice which supports the core principles of the College of Social Work and Families and Wellbeing Directorate.
- Knowledge of legislation relevant to the Service Area.
- Understanding of confidentiality and data protection requirements.
- Able to communicate verbally and in writing with a range of people including families and professionals.
- Able to demonstrate organisational skills.
- Awareness of current practice issues and challenges facing Social Workers.
- Commitment to anti-discriminatory practice.
- Able to work with individuals, families, carers/carer groups, irrespective of their circumstances and background.
- Social Work qualification e.g. Degree in Social Work; DipSW or equivalent.
- Be registered with the Social Work England and able to evidence this.
With SW Locums you can rely on:
- Fastest pay available, from completion of timesheet to reaching your bank.
- Constant, polite support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle”, informative and conscientious advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.