SW Locums are committed to sourcing a Qualified Social Worker with a background involving postings in Children & Family settings to work in a new post in Islington for the Children in Need Team. We are looking with someone who has up to two years post qualified experience. ASYE would be an advantage, but not essential.
- Social Work England (Formally with HCPC) recognised social work qualification.
- Evidence of being able to meet the standards of practice set out in the Knowledge & Skills Statement for Child and Family Social Work.
Demonstrated Motivational Social Work (MSW) skills in practice. Ability to maintain an average of a 2.5 score as measured by MSW practice framework through practice observations.
- Evidence of being able to identify thresholds within the continuum of levels of risks and needs.
- Ability to make and defend recommendations about risk and need based on evidence and professional judgement.
- Evidence of being able to recognise risk indicators of different forms of harm to children including, sexual, physical and emotional abuse and neglect; the impact of cumulative harm; the full range of adult behaviours which pose a risk to children, including but not limited to CSE, gangs, radicalisation.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out in-depth and ongoing family assessments of social need and risk to children with particular emphasis on capacity for change. Ability to effectively use child and family participation in the process and knowing the contributions that other professional disciplines make to social work assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to work with the child and family to set out clear goals that detail what needs to change and how those involved will work toward achieving that change.
- Evidence of drawing the relevant people into the plan and involving as many non-professionals as possible.
- Demonstrated evidence of using research and evidenced-based approaches to actively inform casework.
- Demonstrated evidence of direct work with children and families that have experienced different forms of trauma (e.g. neglect, domestic violence, substance misuse, mental ill health). Evidence of using specialist services only when the need is outside of expected level of expertise for a child and family social worker.
- Evidence of working proactively to evoke the child and family’s own reasons for change and ideas about how change should happen.
- Evidence of showing resilience to be able to manage the fluctuating demands of caseload work. Demonstrated high organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to use practice performance data and internal and external feedback to quality assure the effectiveness of the help being provided.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective use of learning opportunities to enhance your professional practice (e.g. supervision, team meetings and other forums).
- Evidence of being able to think logically about problems and communicate clearly the identified issues. Ability to present information clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Evidence of being able to make decisions and choices without unnecessary escalation but has confidence to ask for help.
Ability to adhere to the Council’s Dignity for All policy.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” and “Find your own job” bonus scheme offering up to £500 for successfully placed referrals.*
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.