SW Locums are looking for a Qualified Social Worker with experience at Management level in the UK to work as a Programme Manager – Promoting Independence within the Adult Social Strategy & Transformation Team.
The post offers an exciting opportunity to work Hybrid, or remote working.
Experience of senior management within Adult Social Services preferred.
Hourly rate is also negotiable
- This role covers two significant responsibilities – Social Care Reform Programme – The role will be the senior lead for the programme of change across Adult Social Services for social care reform.
- Leadership and management of the Department’s Promoting Independence programme team
- The reform programme arising from People at Heart of Care White Paper is one of the most far-reaching reforms for adult social care for more than a decade.
- The role is responsible for leading the programme of change, accountable directly to the Department’s Leadership team and to the Executive Director as senior responsible officer.
- The ambition is the successful transformation of Adult Social Care to meet the requirements of the People at the Heart of Care white paper whilst continuing to deliver our Promoting Independence strategy and ensure Adult Social Care is fit for purpose within the changing landscape for health and social care.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Qualification in project management and/or evidence of successful delivery of large scale programmes of change utilising up to date programme management skills.
- Extensive high level relevant leadership experience in a large complex organisation
- Experience in a senior role in Adult Social Services
- Successful track record of leading and driving transformational change and of consistent achievement at a senior level in a relevant professional field in local government or similar environment.
- Extensive success in delivery of major complex projects/programmes.
Using the legislative framework of the Care Act People at the Heart of Care white paper to develop and promote models of social care and support which promote independence, build resilience and enable people to be safe and well is fundamental to the approach.
Working with SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” and “Find your own job” bonus scheme offering up to £500 for successfully placed referrals.*
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.