SW Locums are looking for a Qualified Social Worker for the Children with Disability Team in Enfield.
You will be required to provide assessment, care management and social work services to disabled children and their families, arising out of the council’s duties and powers under legislation, Council and Group policy.
To contribute to the development of the Centre as a specialist resource for Children and young people with disabilities and their families utilising their knowledge and experience to promote and ensure best practice is central to service delivery.
To work in accordance with the guidelines set out by local government and to make appropriate use of Group and independent resources.
- To carry out assessments and undertake care management in the area of specialism. ( Disabled children and their families )
- To make recommendations for service provision in accordance with the Children services threshold and eligibility criteria.
- To provide a social work service to designated service users.
- To manage, monitor and review care plans, involving disabled children and young people and their families, and liaising with other workers and agencies as appropriate.
- To work at all times within the Council’s Financial regulations.
- To be aware of the resources available within the specialist area, including other sources of funding so that the maximum benefit may be obtained for families within budgetary resources of Children Services.
- To comply with the Children Services recording policy and to complete appropriate forms and documents as required.
- To make use of management information systems, including information technology, in the recording, retrieval and analysis of information as required.
- To be managed by and receive supervision from the immediate line manager/ designated person, and to be assessed against agreed standards and targets.
- To undertake training as required and be proactive in undertaking activities to enhance professional development.
- To work as part of a team, participating in the Duty system as required.
- To attend and contribute to team meetings, practice meetings, peer supervision and other meetings as appropriate.
- At all times to carry out responsibilities with due regard to the Council’s Equal Opportunities/ Race Equality and Health and Safety Policies as an integral part of the post.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties commensurate with the post as directed by the Team Manager or Centre Manager.
- To undertake the preparation of reports, statements and such other legal documents as may be required in relation to children Family Proceedings Courts, within the relevant time-scales to attend Court and represent the Children Services.
To undertake any other appropriate duties and responsibilities on behalf of the Division specified in the children Act 1989 and 2004, Adoption and Children Act 2002 and 2006 and their families to include:
- The investigation of alleged neglect, ill treatment or abuse of children and to make enquiries as to the need to provide services to such children, instigate agreed Child Protection procedures or an application to Court for an appropriate Order in respect of such children.
- The supervision of children made subject to Child Protection Plans within the guidelines set out by the Enfield Safeguarding Board
- The assessment and care planning of Children Looked After by Enfield in order that the Group’s statutory responsibilities are met.
- The supervision of children and to make necessary arrangements in relation to court proceedings
- To work a flexible 36 hour shift which will involve some evening and weekend work to ensure statutory duties are fulfilled.
At SW Locums you will benefit from working for an agency established for over 11 years and with over 50 years combined social work experience.
you will also receive:
- Access to our knowledge base from our vastly experienced consultants, who will offer you confident and accurate advice.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.