SW Locums are looking for a Social Worker with excellent statutory experience to work in the Looked After Children Team in Tower Hamlets. Applicants must hold Social Work England registration, right to work in the UK and be able to hit the ground running with a moderate caseload.
The team is well established and offers an terrific support network.
- To provide a service in line with statutory requirements and departmental priorities.
- To participate in training as required in the interests of the service overall and of career development.
- To participate in supervision.
- To participate in team meetings
- To participate in emergency duty rota within specific role.
- To participate in written recording, or using new technology where appropriate.
- Respond to public and other agencies by telephone, correspondence and direct contact in order to provide a service within departmental priorities.
- Liaise with relevant external agencies e.g. police, health authority etc.
- Liaise with relevant colleagues in other Divisions and Council Departments.
- To be responsible for individual client case planning in line with the professional standards of the Department.
- To be active in implementing the Council’s equal opportunities policy/in professional practice and service delivery.
- To be responsible for professional decisions within the Department’s priorities framework and in relation to specific procedural guideline referring to consultation within Management.
- To undertake service development tasks as appropriate.
- To familiarise themselves with departmental policies and procedures.
- To provide a preventative and rehabilitative service in with expectations of the Children’s Act and facilitating appropriate resources where necessary to enable children to remain with their own families.
- To assess situations where children are referred as being in need of protection, accommodation or care provision, being particularly mindful of equal opportunities issues.
- To plan quickly and effectively, involving carers as partners in the decisions made in respect of children.
- To aim that children should remain with their own families wherever possible. Where it is legally upheld that natural family circumstances have irretrievably broken down to plan a secure and permanent home future for children, ensuring they have clear information about their own background and contact with natural relatives wherever possible.
- To provide an emergency service for assessment and action where children are referred as being at risk of immediate physical danger.
- To liaise with other sections of the Department and other relevant agencies to ensure that good childcare practice is carried out in line with departmental policy including groups and agencies.
- To participate in relevant training and monitoring consistent standards of work.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £350 for bringing your own position to us *
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.