SW Locums are searching for a Qualified Social worker with UK experience to work in Beverly, Near Hull. This role is as a fostering social worker, based in the fostering service. There will be a mix of duties including supervision and support of foster carers, it may also include fostering assessments – mainstream, connected persons or viability assessments. FSW also participate in the duty rota, around 9 days every 3 months.
To work as part of the Early Help and Safeguarding Hub (EHaSH), providing a single point of contact for professionals and members of the public who have concerns about a child or young person or are seeking advice / and or information about available services.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary Early Help and Safeguarding Hub to determine the most appropriate social work response to identified needs.
- Liaise closely with others in assessing, planning, arranging and co-ordinating services in order to ensure children / young people are safe and the needs of individual families are met.
- Advocate the appropriate use of integrated working arrangements including Team Around the Family (TAF) meetings and identification of Lead Professionals.
- Work within agreed Children and Young People’s Support and Safeguarding Service policies and procedures in assessing and meeting the needs of children, young people and their carers.
- Use electronic systems to keep up to date records, input appropriate case data and performance information and contribute to plans, assessments and reports as required.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other services to broker support and monitor progress.
- Participate in learning identified through the Employee Development Review (EDR) process and other training deemed appropriate for the post and individual.
- Undertake other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of the post and are commensurate with its level of responsibility.
More detailed Job Description available upon request
At SW Locums you can look forward to:
- A refreshingly professional and honest approach to your job search.
- Fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Conscientious and well informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £350 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.