SW Locums are in the process of looking to source an Assistant Team Manager for the Children & Families Team in Buckinghamshire.
Minimum of 3 years post qualifying experience of working within a statutory environment with children.
Pay rate up to £34 per hour for the right candidate.
You must have HCPC/Social Work England Registration and an Enhanced DBS issued within the past 12 months or be registered with the DBS Update service.
The role is to assist the Team Manager to, manage and supervise a team of multi-disciplinary staff including qualified, experienced Social Workers to deliver statutory services to children and young people in need of support, protection and care. Assistant Team Managers play a crucial in supporting to Team Manager to lead and manage staff by setting direction, monitoring standards, interpreting and communicating feedback and providing an important, positive interface for staff working in a multi-agency environment.
You will be reporting to a Team Manager, the Assistant Team Manager is responsible for:
- Promoting the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- Improving children and young people’s life chances and outcomes in the care of their parents, or other carers
- Assisting with the leading, managing and supervising social work practice
- Assessing, planning, delivering and reviewing social work services
- Assuring the quality of practice, managing performance and delivering value for money
Further full job description available upon request.