SW Locums are in the process of looking to source a Child Protection Advisor the Children & Families Social Work Team in Amersham, Buckinghamshire.
Minimum of 3 years post qualifying experience of working within a statutory environment with children.
Pay rate up to £42 per hour for the right candidate.
- To undertake the role of Child Protection Adviser, including chairing Initial and Review Child Protection Conferences in line with the Strengthening Families approach, and in accordance with relevant legislation, statutory guidance and child protection procedures.
- To provide advice and guidance to social work teams about the threshold for significant harm and ensure that, where appropriate, children and young people are subject to an Initial Child Protection Conference within 15 days of the:
- Strategy Discussion at which the Section 47 Enquiry was initiated; or the
- Notification by another local authority that a child subject to a Child Protection Plan has moved into the area (subject to meeting the requirements of the local procedure with regards to residency).
- To act as a ‘critical friend’ for staff and partners, bringing challenge and support to raise the standard of child protection practice for vulnerable children and young people who have suffered, or are at risk of suffering, significant harm of abuse and/or neglect.
- To promote and share best practice and learning as an integral part of the local quality assurance framework.
- To work collaboratively with social work teams and other relevant services to achieve change, promote safety planning and achieve good outcomes for vulnerable children and young people in need of protection.
- We are looking for an experienced child protection chair, or a highly skilled child and family social worker with management experience.
The successful applicant will:
• Have a recognised Social Work qualification
• Have an active SWE registration
• Be able to demonstrate post qualification continual professional learning & development
• Be an excellent communicator with effective influencing, advocating and negotiating skills
• Have the ability to chair meetings in a way that promotes engagement and participation from all attendees – including vulnerable children and young people
• Have demonstrable post qualifying statutory social work experience
• Possess experience in management in a Social Work environment
Further full job description available upon request.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Promotion of Fully FCSA Compliant Umbrella companies.
- Great pay rates paid, fast and accurately.
- Your own mature consultant, with long established experience within the industry.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.