SW Locums are looking to secure the services of a UK experienced, Qualified Social Worker as an Assistant Team Manager in the Help & Protection Team in Amersham.
Reporting to a Team Manager, the Assistant Team Manager is responsible for:
- Promoting the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- Improving children and young people’s life chances and outcomes in the care of their parents, or other carers
- Assisting with the leading, managing and supervising social work practice
- Assessing, planning, delivering and reviewing social work services
- Assuring the quality of practice, managing performance and delivering value for money
- Substantial relevant experience and success in a similar role, backed by evidence of appropriate professional expertise.
- Minimum of 3 years post qualifying experience of working within a statutory environment with children
- You will be able to take a key role in planning and improving services for children and families.
- You will be confident and competent to undertake workload and case management reviews.
- You will be empathetic, responsive and resourceful to meet the needs of those reporting to you.
- You will know how to measure and monitor quality standards and performance to ensure everyone performs at their best.
- You will be able to resolve complaints and concerns promptly, comprehensively and diplomatically.
- You will be an influential communicator when negotiating agreements and dealing with potential conflict.
- You will have a knack for communicating complex messages in a straightforward way.
- You will be capable of making sound decisions and managing uncertainty.
- You will see the big picture and be open and adaptable when working with others.
- You will be passionate about maximising a child’s life chances and be respectful with their parents/carers and important others.
- You will care enough to go the extra mile.
SW Locums will give you:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.