SW Locums require a UK Social Work England Registered Social Worker to work within Children’s Services in Aylesbury. Social Workers act as allocated key workers delivering statutory social work services, including assessment, planning, support/intervention and review, throughout the child and young person’s journey in all key service areas, including the:
- First Response Service
- Safeguarding Service
- Care Management Service
- Care Services
Remote and flexible working considered
- To deliver targeted and specialist social work services for children and young people in need of support, protection and care
- To clarify eligibility and undertake statutory social work assessments, in line with agreed local thresholds, to analyse children and young people’s needs, risks and circumstances and confirm existing parenting skills and any capacity to change, as necessary and appropriate
- To always promote the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and champion their rights and entitlements to improve their life chances and overall outcomes
- To establish a rapport and build a relationship with children and young people to ascertain their views, wishes and feelings and understand their lived experience through direct work with them
- To work collaboratively in partnership with parents/carers and promote a strengths based, relationship-focused model of approach
- To work together with relevant multi-disciplinary professionals from across the multi-agency partnership
- To develop, as appropriate, relevant support, protection and care/pathway plans to meet the assessed needs and circumstances of children and young people
- To work in consultation with relevant Managers to ensure that agreed plans are provided using available resources and ensure that all such requests represent value for money
- To undertake all social work duties in accordance with appropriate legislation, policies, procedures and statutory guidance
- To liaise with Legal Services as necessary and appropriate and represent the local authority in court as required
- To monitor and review the impact of support, protection and care plans to ensure that these continues to meet children and young people’s assessed needs and circumstances and delivers improved outcomes
- To maintain all necessary records and documentation in line with agreed procedures and best practice standards, including children’s electronic records and other computerised systems
- To identify any areas of assessed need that cannot be met and to systematically record the details to report the Team Manager
- To practice in accordance with agreed performance and quality best practice standards and take appropriate remedial action to address audit feedback and management recommendations as required
SW Locums will provide YOU with:
- attractive, accurate and fast rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Well informed, accurate and conscientious assitance.
- We are available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.