SW Locums require a qualified social worker with substantial post qualifying experience in a statutory Children Social Care setting. You must hold a current HCPC Registration.
With SW Locums you benefit from the vast sector knowledge and relationships the team have developed with there superior experience placing social workers within this sector for well over ten years. You are ensured of honest and accurate advice at all times.
We offer far superior payment methods to our competitors, resulting in you receiving your money swiftly and accurately every week.
Purpose of Job
- To work within a Resilience framework, to provide a comprehensive and
effective integrated social work service, which responds at a higher level in
complex situations to the needs of children and their families in a timely
manner, within statutory guidelines and the statutory obligations of the council.
- The post holder will have the skills and ability to practice at a higher level
which includes deputising for the line manager in circumstances where the line
manager is not available or they are delegate to act in a line management
position by the designated Head of Service.
- To take a lead role in a specialist area of work as directed by the departmental
policies and procedures.
- The post holder will require substantial post qualifying experience in a statutory
Children Social Care setting. It will be desirable for the post holders to have a
Practice Educators Award and if not, there will be an expectation that this
award is achieved within first year of employment.
- These post holders are experienced social workers who will be more
autonomous in their job. They will demonstrate expert and effective practice in
complex situations; and be able to assess and manage higher levels of risk in
their own and that of other less experienced social workers.
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate safeguarding and permanence
measures at a high level of complexity within their own cases and support and
mentor less experienced social workers; to ensure all children are given the
opportunity to reach their full potential.
- These post holders should be active participants of the Workforce
Development Programme; they will be Practice Educators and assessors to
trainee Practice Educators. They will support less experienced social workers
and be assessors for NQSWs in the teams in their Assessed and Supported
Year in Employment.
- These post holders will work to a structured time management practice;
submitting reports, assessments and plans within regulated timescales.
These post holders will be competent in all areas of the Knowledge and Skills
Statements for Child and Family social workers in addition they will be have
Competency in the Knowledge and Skills Statement: Achieving Permanence.
Call us ASAP to find out more about this vacancy and many more