SW Locums are looking to recruit a Qualified Social Worker for Adult Services in Barnet.
Applicants must have a Professional qualification in Social Work and registered with Social Work England. Must have right to work in the UK.
Candidates must be fully competent to Senior Social Worker level under the Social Worker
National Competency Framework
- Role Specific Responsibilities
- Under the direction of a Team Leader, provide practice leadership and case
work supervision to social workers/ occupational therapists and other
colleagues operating within a multidisciplinary team in Integrated Care – OD/PD
and LD/MH. Deliver individualised and needs-led enablement and long term
support plans for adults who require support, through the use of timely and
focused interventions, support and advice that facilitate long-term
independence and choice.
- Provide consultation and advice to support social workers/ occupational
therapists in undertaking complex assessments and interventions, encouraging
the development of high quality standards and practice within a culture of
continuous service improvement, value for money and safer practice.
- Take responsibility for managing a small caseload of the more complex cases.
- Chair safeguarding meetings and other appropriate multidisciplinary meetings
as required by the Team Leader as appropriate.
- As a Social Worker act as a Best Interest Assessor in relation to assessments
for Authorisations under the Deprivation of Liberty safeguards and/or Mental
Capacity Assessments and attend lead training in connection with this role.
- Perform the role of lead practitioner within teams, helping develop the skills,
experience and practice of team members and take the lead in developing
particular areas of professional practice.
- Build effective working relationships with partners who operate both within and
outside of the council, such as the Council’s New Support and Customer
Services Organisation (NSCSO), Health other care providers and colleagues to
achieve an integrated approach to assessment, planning and review.
- Ensure that the responsibility of safeguarding adults at risk is a fundamental
element of this job and that the principles are embedded in all procedures,
practices, professional advice, decisions and support. Ensure that the service
promotes safety and managed risk in the context of maintaining choice.
- Take responsibility for promoting, monitoring and safeguarding the welfare of
people who come into contact with the service. Ensure full compliance with the
Pan-London protocols and Barnet safeguarding standards in relation to
timescales, alerts, investigations, protection planning, recording and audits.
- Ensure relevant risks are appropriately identified, recorded and managed in a
consistent and planned fashion in accordance with service practice and
- Deliver a high performing, productive, quality service that is cost effective and
integrated between social care and health with an increased focus on
personalisation and self directed support.
- Support, promote and apply self-directed support, direct payments, Telecare
equipment and rehabilitation to support the principle of service users and carers
- Ensure the timely and accurate recording of relevant data relating to service
users and carers on appropriate systems, such as the case management
system, document management system, and purchasing/finance system in line
with the processes, standards and protocols of the Council.
- Ensure full compliance with statutory regulations, policies, procedures, best
practice and professional standards within Adults and Communities, and those
of relevant partner agencies such as Health.
- Lead on cross cutting project work as directed in line with service priorities.
With SW Locums you can rely on:
- Fastest pay available, from completion of timesheet to reaching your bank.
- Constant, polite support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle”, informative and conscientious advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme