SW Locums are looking for a competent candidate for the role of Lead practitioner, in The London Borugh of Barnet Adult Housing Division.
Tthe candidate will require advanced skills in moving and handling, risk assessments, including complex housing adaptation, DFG’s and equipment knowledge.
Candidate will be a highly motivated and enthusiastic practitioner with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Candidate will be responsible for managing a small case load of more complex cases while taking lead in developing high quality occupational therapy practice and the professional development of staff through supervision offering specialist support and advice.
- Professional qualifications in Social Work and registered with the relevant professional body plus experience and training Or professional qualification in Occupational Therapy and registered with the relevant professional body
- Fully competent to Senior Social Worker level under the Social Worker National Competency Framework
- Or fully competent to Senior Occupational therapist and registered withthe relevant professional body plus experience and training
Brief outline of duties:
- Under the direction of a Team Leader and operating within multidisciplinary teams act as the practice and professional lead providing clear and responsive practice leadership and case work supervision, modelling best practice and promoting the highest professional standards.
- Take a lead in developing high quality social care practice/ occupational therapy practice and the professional development of staff and students across Adult Social Care and Health through specialist support and advice.
- Co-working with less experienced Social Workers, Occupational Therapists and Health colleagues.
- Take responsibility for managing a small caseload of some of the more complex cases.
- If a qualified Social Worker effectively manage and deliver Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults, Mental Capacity, Deprivation of Liberty and Best Interest Assessments, cases and investigations where a citizen or carer may be at risk, referring to an independence mental capacity advocate (IMCA), as appropriate.
- If a Occupational Therapist effectively manage and deliver where appropriate complex Safeguarding cases where the primary issue is equipment or adaptations.
- Ensure compliance with the service standards and processes, and operate within the context of the service priorities and principles of increasing user choice and control over the services they receive.
These priorities focus on meeting the four social care outcomes:
- Enhancing the quality of life for people with care and support needs
- Delaying and reducing the need for care and support
- Ensuring that people have a positive experience of care and support
- Safeguarding adults whose circumstances make them vulnerable and protecting them from avoidable harm
You will receive regular supervision and direction from this supportive team.
With SW Locums you will get:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.