SW Locums require an experienced Social Worker with Adults Community Experience. You must be able to demonstrate previous UK experience working in a similar setting.
This post may operate in any one of the Mental Health teams which determine the day to day work priorities.
- To conduct or support individual assessments or facilitate self-assessments using the appropriate assessment tools and techniques in order to establish clear, relevant, proportionate, cost effective and appropriate options for the individual.
- Based on individual structured assessments and in line with the enablement approach, plan and set up appropriate personalised and outcome-led packages of support that maximise long-term independence and choice and minimise on-going support from health and social care.
- Conduct risk assessments with adults and carers, in line with eligibility criteria and Mental Capacity legislation and refer to the appropriate professional such as an AMHP if the person is a risk to self or others this may require a Mental Health Act assessment to be carried out. You will then be expected to contribute to the assessment and provide the appropriate information.
- To conduct Mental Capacity Act/best interest assessments in line with statutory guidance and ensuring adults are provided with the opportunity to demonstrate capacity wherever possible.
- To manage an allocated caseload of clients in compliance with statutory requirements, Council policy, professional best practice and with regard for individual choice.
- To facilitate group work in line with the recovery and enablement model of mental health.
- Liaise with, establish and maintain effective working relationships with other local services, specialist teams, Mental Health Trust, NHS Barnet, Hospital Trusts and the 3rd sector relevant to the needs of the service users in order to deliver a holistic and seamless service to the client.
- To attend service user forums and contribute to the engagement forums.
- To identify when an individual has a duel diagnosis and coordinate the assessment, a range of professionals and the support plan to take in to account the differing needs.
Full Job Description available upon request
Working with SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Our aim is to provide service users with the best possible social workers.
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.