SW Locums are looking for an Social Work England registered Qualified Social Worker to work in Hospital Integrated Discharge (HID) Team.
All Applicants require Social Work England registration and a current enhanced DBS issued within the past 12 months.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate there experience of working in a adult mental health and in a multi -disciplinary setting.
You must have sound skills in risk assessment and risk management including use of the Care Programme Approach.
It is essential you are able to provide the last 5 years of working references
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assess the needs of older people and people with physical and learning disabilities or mental health problems, and their carers.
- To devise re-enablement programmes, with service users and their carers, which will maximise their ability to function independently.
- To devise innovative packages of care in consultation with service users, and carers which respond to individual needs and are managed within the available council budget and resources, including the use of Individual Budgets. To implement services of an emergency, preventive and developmental nature.
- To carry out statutory duties, this will include the safeguarding of adults policy and procedures.
- To participate in the Social Work emergency duty rota.
- To ensure effective and efficient use of time and resources.
- To accept and contribute to supervision and guidance within the procedures and policies of the department.
- To provide reports and necessary documentation.
- To identify shortfalls in resources in meeting service user/community needs.
- To follow departmental procedures and guidelines in all aspects of work.
- To utilise professional skills and expertise in order to work in a person centred manner with users and carers.
- To maintain and develop community and preventative support through direct work and liaison with other agencies both statutory and voluntary.
- To make a positive contribution to service development within the Team.
- To participate in and contribute to team functioning, goals and objectives.
- To maintain high professional standards.
- To carry out any other duties as required.
At SW Locums you will benefit from working for an agency established for over 11 years and with over 50years social work experience.
you will also receive:
- Dedicated support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant, who will offer you confident and accurate advice.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.