SW Locums are wanting to recruit a Qualified Social Worker to work in a Frontline Child Protection team in Bradford. The role is on a temporary basis with an option to extend. Any applicants need to have experience of working in fostering and working with foster carers including strong assessment skills.
Bradford will pay up to £35 per hour (LTD) for experienced social workers.
Workers need to have an understanding of National Minimum Standards and Fostering Regulations as well as Care Planning Act.
When reviewing CV’s, Our client will look at how long a candidate has been within a previous post, also any candidate submitted must have a minimum of 2 years experience within Children’s and Families, they will not look at Newly Qualified Workers!
They will not be interested in any candidates who have been working within Fostering and Adoption. Candidates must have worked within Child Protection and Front Line in their most recent roles.
Bradford have advised that in most cases, candidates will be managing around 25 cases (give or take) and the roles are spread across Bradford South and East and Keighley and the West. They are also looking to put agency Social Workers through NAS.
Bradford offer flexible working and they will agree to some home working, however, NEVER a Monday or Friday! They offer TOIL and condensed working hours! Again, they can condense the hours but must work in the office on a Monday and Friday.
Telephone interviews will be offered, however, this will be dependent upon the level of experience detailed within the CV.
You will be expected to:
– Provide leadership and be accountable for the performance and quality of work within a single social work team.
– Ensure that children and families referred to the team are provided with appropriate assessments and plans relevant to their needs.
– Directly contribute to improving the resilience and independence of Bradford’s children, young people and their families
With SW Locums you are guaranteed:
- Magnificent Industry leading referral and “find your own” placement incentive
- YOU WILL receive your pay via Faster payments as soon as possible. and accurately.
- Superior guidance and support form our vastly experienced team, available 24/7.
- Full preparation and support before interview and throughout your placement.SW Locums is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
Skills and Experience
- Joining a team and will be completing annual reviews on fostering carers.
- Supervising fostering carers.
- Essential to have background knowledge of doing connected person assessments viability and for F work.
- Knowledge of Panel matters is also required.
- Knowledgeable of the fostering sector.
What you need:
- HCPC registration
- Relevant social work qualification
- At least 2 years post qualifying experience
- Eligibility to work in the UK