SW Locums are looking to recruit the services of a UK Experienced Senior Practitioner with Social Work England Registration as a qualified social worker. The post will be in the Children & Families Localities team and you will be required to contribute to and apply the Council’s strategy to support vulnerable children and families.
All candidates will need an enhanced DBS issued within the past 12 months or be registered with the DBS Update service. You will be capable to ensure service is delivered in line with Brent Borough Council’s principles and values of working with partners, children and families.
High level of skill in relation to safeguarding and court work
- Experience of dealing with a range of child social work cases in a full caseload.
- Experience of dealing with more complex social work cases
- Experience of dealing with families taking legal action
- Experience of dealing with complex and challenging family issues involving high levels of risk
- Experience of dealing with legal applications relating to children
- Experience of supporting and developing less experienced social workers
- Experience of service planning
DipSW, CQSW or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge of child care law and the ability to apply it to situations where children may be at risk or needing to be looked after.
- An understanding of the needs of children who are ‘looked after’ and the ability to develop appropriate plans for them in partnership with their parents/carers in a non-discriminatory way.
- A commitment to the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policies and the ability to understand and implement the policies in relation to the job responsibilities.
- Successful completion of ASYE programme.
- Evidence of significant Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Full compliance with local and national professional development requirements
- Substantial professional knowledge in at least one specialist area of practice
SW Locums will guarantee you:
- Unbroken support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable Social Work Specialist consultant.
- We recommend of FCSA Approved Umbrellas
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation voucher scheme, offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
- Access to Shopping voucher scheme with all major high street stores*
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply.