SW Locums are recruiting for a qualified social worker with significant post-qualifying experience in childcare to work in the referral & Assessment team in Brent
You will have a minimum of 2 years post qualifying UK experience, including direct work with children.
Working with SW Locums, you will benefit from a superior level of competent service, advice and support, together with fast, accurate and most competitive pay.
To facilitate and undertake timely comprehensive risk assessment of children and families and to carry a complex caseload involving multi-disciplinary work. This includes court work, child protection and permanency planning.
Adherence to the Family Justice Review and required court timescales.
To provide an excellent model of social work practice.
To undertake specific tasks for absent colleagues on cases requiring action under the direction of a team manager.
Chairing meetings, where appropriate, under direction of a team manager for the service users and less experienced staff.
To take responsibility for updating specialist knowledge in a relevant area, developing practice, creating and updating information systems.
To represent the Department on working groups or liaison meetings involving Health, Housing and other agencies.
To contribute to local and departmental training on practice issues in line with departmental policies and procedures, in light of research finding sand in line with the Divisional Training Strategy.
To maintain accurate records, including using IT
To provide high quality services which are cost-effective and appropriate to the specific needs of the families.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- CQSW, CSS or Diploma in Social Work.
- A commitment to the Council’s Equal Opportunities policies and the ability to understand and implement the policies in relation to job responsibilities.
- An understanding of the needs of children ‘in need’ or ‘at risk’ who are ‘looked after’ in relation to their age and development and the ability to implement and review effective plans in partnership with families and other professionals.
- Demonstrate knowledge of key policy and research issues in the field of childcare.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the organisational context on which the service is delivered i.e. the health authority, independent sectors, legal and corporate structures within the borough.