SW Locums require a UK experienced Social Worker with frontline Child Protection experience for this new role in Brent.The role is within LAC and Permanency
There are two vacant posts due to:
- recent increase in care proceedings cases
- we have reached capacity of 2+ court cases for each social worker currently in post
This role is within the LAC&P service which is responsible for care proceedings and Corporate Parenting functions.
Remote and flexible working considered
- DipSW, CQSW or equivalent qualification.
- Registration with Social Work England.
- Current Enhanced DBS.
- Successful completion of ASYE programme.
- Knowledge of child care law and the ability to apply it to situations where children may be at risk or needing to be looked after.
- An understanding of the needs of children who are ‘looked after’ and the ability to develop appropriate plans for them in partnership with their parents/carers in a non-discriminatory way.
- A commitment to the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policies and the ability to understand and implement the policies in relation to the job responsibilities.
- Experience of dealing with more complex social work cases.
- Experience of dealing with families taking legal action.
At SW Locums you will get:
- attractive, accurate and super fast rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Straight talking, conscientious and well informed advice.
- We are available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.