SW Locums require a UK experienced Senior Practitioner Social Worker with UK Looked After Childen Experience in the UK, for this new role in Brent. The role is within LAC and Permanency
There are two vacant posts due to:
- recent increase in care proceedings cases
- we have reached capacity of 2+ court cases for each social worker currently in post
This role is within the LAC&P service which is responsible for care proceedings and Corporate Parenting functions.
Remote and flexible working considered
- DipSW, CQSW or equivalent qualification.
- Registration with Social Work England.
- Current Enhanced DBS.
- Successful completion of ASYE programme.
- Knowledge of child care law and the ability to apply it to situations where children may be at risk or needing to be looked after.
- An understanding of the needs of children who are ‘looked after’ and the ability to develop appropriate plans for them in partnership with their parents/carers in a non-discriminatory way.
- A commitment to the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policies and the ability to understand and implement the policies in relation to the job responsibilities.
- Experience of dealing with more complex social work cases.
- Experience of dealing with families taking legal action.
At SW Locums you will get:
- attractive, accurate and super fast rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Straight talking, conscientious and well informed advice.
- We are available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.