SW Locums are recruiting for Qualified social worker with Social Work England Registration to provide cover for the Service Manager of Corporate Parenting, as such you will have the skills, knowledge and previous experience managing teams within Fostering, Children in Care and Care Leavers from a Senior Management level.
This role is expected to initially provide cover, but likely to evolve into an ongoing supportive role when the post holder returns to office.
Working remains predominantly remote, the role will require the ability to access the South Gloucestershire area therefore please consider this if applying with candidates from further afield. Longer term the role with move back to office based working along with government and local council decision on working practices as covid roadmap unfolds.
Urgent start required.
- Recognised and relevant professional qualification e.g. DipSW, CQSW, CSS. Registered with Social Work England.
- A proven track record of senior management within Children and Young Peoples Services.
- Project management and strategic long term planning skills.
- Experience of managing budgets and resources within Children’s Services.
- Experience of leadership and change management.
- A clear in-depth understanding of the national issues and legal framework relating to Children and Young People.
- Experience of Commissioning Services.
- Knowledge of Outcome Based Accountability.
- Skilled communicator, able to deal with confidential and highly sensitive issues.
- Evidence of a management qualification or equivalent.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.