SW Locums are looking for UK experienced social workers who generally have held a management role in Children’s Social Care to work as Reviewing Officers. The role involves preparing for Child Protection Conferences and fulfilling the duties of Independent Reviewing Officer for our children looked after.
Must be available to start as soon as possible.
To be responsible for chairing child protection conferences and reviews of Children Looked After
To assist the Group Manager Quality Improvement in the quality assurance of child protection work and Children Looked After work through monitoring and auditing.
1) Ability to chair multi-agency meetings effectively
2) Ability to analyse information in order to identify the key issues and to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing in a way which can be understood by both children and adults
3) Ability to be child-centred and focused throughout meetings and to keep the child’s welfare as the paramount consideration.
4) Ability to write SMART, child focussed plans.
5) Ability to promote the effective participation (particularly in meetings) of children and parents.
6) Ability to deal with conflict and disagreement without losing sight of the child’s best interests.
7) Effective time management skills
8) Ability to work to targets and deadlines.
9) Willingness to work unsocial hours as necessary to meet the needs of the service
10) Ability to sustain professional partnerships, working with other staff both within and without Children Social Care services.
11) Demonstrate appropriate understanding, knowledge and skills in valuing diversity.
At SW Locums you will get: