SW Locums are looking for a dedicated and experienced, qualified social worker to work in Cambridge, to conduct Continuing Healthcare Assessments.
The post will be located at Shire Hall, Cambridge although it will also cover Peterborough City Council and travel throughout Cambridgeshire.
All applicants will require an enhanced DBS Issued within the past 12 months or be registered with the DBS update service. Candidates will also need to hold current HCPC registration.
Since implementation in 2017 the Council’s Continuing Healthcare Team has succeeded in increasing awareness of NHS Continuing Healthcare (NHS CHC) and subsequently the number of referrals for NHS CHC.
The team currently exists of two practitioners and the strategic continuing healthcare manager, all of which have expertise in NHS CHC.
The role of the Team summarised below. However a flexible approach is taken as work can fluctuate on a daily basis:
- Completing the remaining backlog of NHS CHC assessments (CHC assessments exceeding the 28 day time limit set out in the National Framework for NHS CHC and FNC (2018)
- Support the Council’s locality teams with NHS CHC Cases. This role is similar to that of a practice educator, requiring staff to mentor/coach staff to improve their knowledge and skills in relation to NHS CHC.
- Pick up NHS CHC assessments which teams are unable to allocate, to prevent a further backlog of NHS CHC assessments.
- Represent the Council at dispute meetings. This includes local dispute and local resolution panels.
- Provide technical advice in relation to the National Framework for NHS CHC and FNC (2018) and its interface with other legislation e.g. Mental Health Act
- Provide advice in relation to the DH Who Pays? Responsible Commissioner responsibilities
- Provide input into best practice, joint training, and areas of development.
- Provide input into proposed changes around practice
- Work in partnership with Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- Provide a response to requests from the CCG within 48 hours
- Use analytical skills to identify trends in referrals and work.
- Any other delegated work relating to NHS CHC.
- Ensure Council values and policies are upheld and carried out.
Full details can be obtained from emailing in to email@example.com or telephone 01920 823775