SW Locums are looking for an experienced social worker to work with young people in care aged 11+ for our client’s team in Cheltenham. You will be working to support placement stability and managing independence for some of our most vulnerable children. Ideal candidates will have experience working in this area or with care leaver.
- Substantial relevant post qualifying experience of working effectively
within a statutory children’s services fieldwork team and with
children/young people and their families who are assessed as having
very complex needs.
- Experience and understanding of effective multi agency working to
achieve positive outcomes for children/young people and their families.
Ability to apply a critical and ethical understanding of legislation,
including reference to case law, and statutory frameworks within which
social work is practised.
- To understand and work effectively and sensitively with difficult to
- Experience of mentoring and/or supervising work of others including the
ability to use knowledge and skills to inform, advise and inspire, through
mentoring, teaching, assessing and supervising, social work students,
other less experienced colleagues or other professionals.
At SW Locums we put your needs first. With SW Locums you will receive:
- You will receive the support and knowledge of your own personal experienced consultant 24/7
- Free Enhanced DBS completed upon registration in a role
- Unrivalled rates of pay
- Fastest Payments available
- Recommend a friend scheme – Receive up to £500 per successful referral*
- Secure your own role? and place it via SW Locums to receive £350 for bringing the business to SW Locums*
- Free on-going training opportunities and funding upon placement.
- Contact us with your latest CV to see what else we have that may suit your needs.
All placements via SW Locums are strictly undertaken following the governments guidelines on ensuring safety for individuals during the risk of Covid-19
*Terms and conditions are applicable to the recommend a friend and secure your own role scheme