We are currently recruiting for an experienced Social Worker to join the Children in Need Team in Hackney.
In this role, the successful Social Worker will be required to assess need, plan and deliver focused intervention to safeguard children and promote positive outcomes for vulnerable children.
Benefits as a Children in Need Social Worker include:
- Competitive pay rate
- Long contracts for good performance
- Supportive team and management
- Progression opportunities
- Flexible working available
Duties as a Children in Need Social Worker include:
- Undertaking interviews, observation and gather information from children, families and other agencies.
- Analysing and evaluating information to provide a holistic assessment of a child’s needs.
- Providing written and verbal reports which are concise, informative and based on analysis of complex evidence.
- Developing and managing Child Protection Plans for all children on the Child Protection Register in line with child protection procedures.
- To provide and present concise reports about complex information in line with the requirements of the London Child Protection Procedures, and the court.
- Communicating effectively with children and their families, ensuring that their views and wishes are heard, and recorded accurately.
- Establishing rapport and build a respectful, honest and trusted relationship with children and their families, particularly their parents and / or main carers.
- Managing the workload as directed and organise and plan work activities considering the need to prioritise tasks and responsibilities.
- Maintaining case records, keeping case files well organised, up to date and able to provide concise and accurate information about a child’s circumstances and plans.
- Communicating effectively with other agency professionals.
Requirements as a Children in Need Social Worker include:
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Qualified Social Worker with at least 1 year's experience in a similar team
You must be registered with Social Work England