SW Locums client is seeking a Team Manager for the The Family and Youth Resilience Service sits within AfC Early Help. This includes targeted and statutory services alongside commissioned services.
The Youth Resilience Service remit is on vulnerable adolescents aged 13 to 18, where contextual safeguarding is prevalent.
The Clients ambition for the Adolescent Safeguarding Team is to be a truly integrated, multi-agency service to ensure there is one care plan and one lead professional without young people having to tell their story more than once, improving the journey of the child. The Service will provide statutory services for adolescents assessed to be at risk from extra-familial harm and additional multi-agency interventions for children at risk of care and those assessed at high risk of harm, either to themselves and/or others. About the role The post holder will provide the operational management and leadership support across the service geographical areas supporting the Head of Family and Youth Resilience and other Heads of Service.Children with Disabilities team.
ASAP start for the right candidate.
Pay rate £42 per hour (Umbrella)
Requirements of the role:
- Qualified Social Worker
- SW England registered
- Experience in Children’s Services
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure vulnerable children and their families and/or carers, receive a high quality and responsive service as set out by the London Borough of Merton’s policies and procedures and enshrined in the Children Act 1989 and 2004 and other relevant legislation relating to Every Child Matters
- Day to day management of children’s social care services and the ongoing provision of assessed support, ensuring that Duty procedures are implemented and are effective to safeguard the welfare and needs of vulnerable children and their families
- Ensure all referrals have a decision made within agreed time-frame of receipt, and the referrer receives written confirmation of decision, if appropriate
- Ensure that all assessments are completed within agreed time-frame
- Ensure that all vulnerable children and their families receive responsive services to prevent children and young people being taken into care and support positive parenting, preventing harm and promoting children’s life chances
- Deploy social work resources according to the appropriate assessment of risk within departments priorities and statutory requirements
- Lead, motivate, nurture and monitor direct reports and multi-agency professionals where appropriate, ensuring the services provided are effective and delivering positive outcomes
- Ensure robust recording of information on relevant systems, databases and IT systems and timely reporting of management information
- Effectively manage delegated budgets and ensure commissioned services are cost effective
- Continually develop operational services to ensure the delivery of significantly improved outcomes for children, young people and their families
- Work with children, parents and their representatives to ensure that issues arising from practice can be used to influence policy
- Provide regular consultation and supervision of staff in order to promote the interests of clients, high professional standards and encourage professional development
- Work collaboratively with key agencies and the community to ensure integrated approach to service delivery and the development of effective joint working partnerships
- Represent the team, Children’s Social Care/Education and/or the department on relevant partner working groups, panels and conferences
- Chair formal strategy meetings and reviews and attend case conferences, where required
- Provide input into departmental planning processes including Merton’s Plan for Children and Young People, the council’s business planning processes and annual Local Safeguarding Children’s board training programme
- Ensure services are responsive to and value diversity and are fair, consistent, inclusive and service user focused
- Ensure effective implementation of legislation and policy guidance
- Assist the service manager in planning and developing services for vulnerable children and their families, identifying needs and potential difficulties
- Produce reports for internal and external bodies and attend meetings/forums as required (including cabinet/committees)
- All Social Work Staff are required to adhere to the various professional standards, including the Professional Capability Framework and the Health and Care Professions Council Standards.
Staff Management experience required*
- Experience in working with children, young people and their families in the field of social care or other field related to social deprivation
- Experience of managing teams in the delivery of a range of intervention and supports services to vulnerable children, young people and their families
- Experience of providing advice and support to staff in assessing the needs of vulnerable children and their families
- Experience of effective multi-agency working
- Experience of the selection, recruitment, training and supervision of individuals
- Experience of financial and budget management
Special Requirements / other considerations
- An openness to improve professional practice, improve quality and a willingness to undertake training
- This post requires an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check to be carried out and it is the London Borough of Merton’s policy for a re-check to be done every three years
- Undertake duties outside normal working hours as required
- A current valid UK driving licence and use of a car insured for work purposes.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.