SW Locums are hiring for a social worker position within the Meaningful Lives Matter Review Team for LD & Autism, based in Colchester.
Candidates need to have current experience in an LD team.
This role required travelling throughout Essex so please ensure all candidate have a driving licence and access to their own vehicle.
- Educated to degree level i.e. Diploma or degree in social work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent. Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a registered social worker
- Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. professional capability framework, knowledge and skills statement.
- Experience within a social care setting with evidence of challenging social and family situations.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop a rapport and engage with diverse groups of individuals.
- Experience of developing strong working relationships with partners, other agencies and the voluntary sector to deliver improved outcomes.
- Developing strong relationships with partners, other agencies and the local community to achieve joint objectives and offer a supportive framework for children and vulnerable adults.
- Understand the financial implications of care packages commissioned
- Evidence of clear decision making in order to highlight and limit the potential risks associated with intervention.
- The role requires you to be mobile throughout a wider operational area including travelling around the county of Essex and beyond, transporting service users and their belongings and to be able to do so in an emergency.
- Driving licence and car or the ability to meet the mobility requirements of the role through other means is essential.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Use of Fully FCSA Compliant Umbrella companies.
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.
In line with government legislation, all colleagues who work in a CQC registered care home or will need to attend such a setting as part of their role must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
This role has been deemed in scope of this legislation and therefore to be considered for the role you must confirm on application you are fully vaccinated or will be fully vaccinated by November 11th 2021, or that you are exempt.
Evidence of vaccination or exemption will be required as part of the pre-employment checks ECC will undertake on you.