SW Locums are recruiting for a capable qualified social worker. This role is based in Colchester Hospital Early Interventions Team to start ASAP.
Candidate need to be an experienced locum social worker who is able to work effectively within a multidisciplinary setting supporting hospital discharge and discharge to assess with experience in a hospital setting. Candidate will need to be able to demonstrate they are able to support adults recovery and independence.
- Assess complex social care needs and provide support to vulnerable adults, which enable them to live healthily and independently.
- Develop support plans that gain commitment to solutions that drive the care required for each individual’s needs.
- Accountable for working within the statutory legal framework, policy and guidance and determining when the threshold for statutory intervention has been reached
- Work collaboratively building effective relationships with internal and external partnerships and stakeholders, and the voluntary sector to assist children and vulnerable people in gaining support for inclusivity from within the community.
- Accountable for conducting assessments and plan responses to safeguard a child or vulnerable adult include intervention as required.
- Develop a client centric approach which enables early intervention and prevention and increases independence.
- Pro-actively influences in a range of planning, decision making and case discussions inter-agency.
- Work with families, communities and individuals to help people age well supporting the Council’s wider strategic aims.
- Specific individual and shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Educated to degree level i.e. Diploma or degree in social work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent. Current registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a registered social worker
- Evidence of continuing professional development and demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. professional capability framework, knowledge and skills statement.
- Experience within a social care setting with evidence of challenging social and family situations.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to develop a rapport and engage with diverse groups of individuals.
- Developing strong relationships with partners, other agencies and the local community to achieve joint objectives and offer a supportive framework for children and vulnerable adults.
- Understand the financial implications of care packages commissioned
- Evidence of clear decision making in order to highlight and limit the potential risks associated with intervention.
For more information on this vacancy, contact Sean at SW Locums on 01920 823775
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.