SW Locums are looking for capable Educational Psychologists who will provide a psychological advice following a thorough assessment of a pupil’s special educational needs.
This work will need to be done to a high standard as it will be part of the pupil’s education, health and care needs assessment.
The report will therefore need to be submitted within statutory deadlines and meet the quality standards set out by the Derby City educational psychology service.
Market rate paid for each report.
Outside IR35 – so you can use your own Ltd company.
Candidate minimum Criteria:
- Fully qualified or will be by 1 September (acceptable BPS qualification).
- Experience in applying psychology with children.
- Evidence that candidate has kept up to date with their own CPD.
- Experience of working in a multi-agency context.
- Additional qualifications in working with children with SEN.
- Experience in providing training (e.g. behaviour management, parenting programmes).
- Experience of working with non-maintained early years settings.
- Understanding of child development.
- Awareness of the principles and practice of good Inclusive practice.
- Understanding of child protection issues and safeguarding children procedures.
- Understanding of the SEN Code of Practice, and the Disability Discrimination Act.
- The ability to support the process of change through the use of psychological interventions.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to working in partnership with colleagues.
- Ability to make decisions independently when it is appropriate to do so.
- Evidence of good organisational skills.
- To have own vehicle for visits to homes/settings, as necessary.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.