SW Locums are looking to recruit a Housing Options Officer with proven UK experience in a similar setting. Worker is required with a minmium of 12 months assessing homeless applications in accordance with the Homeless Reduction Act 2017 and Part VII Housing Act 1996.
Officers needs to be able take a holistic and person -centred approach to provide providing comprehensive housing advice to prevent and relief homelessness. Candidates will need to be able to assess homeless applications under the legislation, make homelessness inquiries and produce quality personalised housing plans and issue s184 homeless decisions. Candidates will operate within a 3 weekly duty Rota, which performs an in-take function and be able to attend multi-agency meetings. Remote-working is available with the requirement to provide officer cover on a rota.
- To deliver effective advisory & assistance service as part of a comprehensive approach to Housing Options that meets statutory requirements.
- Negotiate with landlords and other agencies or relevant parties (e.g. family and friends) to ensure that accommodation does not cease to be available to an applicant whenever possible.
- Mediate to resolve potentially homeless cases, irrespective of tenure (excluding fear of violence).
- Manage a caseload, and make decisions in regards to homelessness which include judgements related to duties owed by the local authority and determining the best course of action in
emergency situations, which impact upon the health and safety of people in the community.
SW Locums give you peace of mind that you will receive:
- Fastest pay available, from completion of timesheet to reaching your bank.
- Constant, polite support with your own, vastly experienced,informative, conscientious and knowledgeable consultant.
- Knowledge that you will be in the hands of one of the most experienced teams available.
- Support with HMRC Compliant Umbrella sourcing.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.