SW Locums are looking for a dedicated Educational Psychologist to work as locum to fulfil main grade duties including statutory advice completion on behalf of Newham.
- To perform effectively as an EP in a multi professional context, contributing to team planning arrangements with schools and collaborating in work with other disciplines as appropriate.
- To provide high quality psychological consultation to schools, undertaking individual specialist psychological assessment where appropriate, undertaking classroom observation and learning environment assessment, and giving feedback to schools in agreed formats.
- Assist maintained mainstream and special schools and Short Stay Schools to improve the learning conditions for children, providing consultation to relevant adults working with children and young people and delivering training on specific areas (in collaboration with other disciplines as appropriate).
- To support the statutory responsibilities of the LA in relation to Special Educational Needs.
- To provide a service to children in their early years, offering initial consultation/assessment for early years children with likely SEN, providing advice to parents/carers, and maintaining records as required by the LA or EP Service.
- To contribute to and participate in continuing professional development.
The pay rate for this locum Educational Psychologist job is £550 per day (Assignment rate) and is a minimum 6-month contract.
Requirements of the Educational Psychologist:
- HCPC registered psychologist.
- Honours degree in Psychology.
- Postgraduate training in educational psychology.
- Relevant experience of working with children within educational, childcare, or community settings.
SW Locums will provide you with:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.