SW Locums are looking for a dedicated Educational Psychologist to work as locum to fulfil main grade duties including statutory advice completion on behalf of Central Bedfordshire.
Applicants must provide a copy of an anonymised report they have written for a nominated LA to support their application.
- Fully Qualified with appropriate Doctorate or Masters degree in Psychology.
- Postgraduate training in educational psychology.
- 2 years experience working in an LA as an Educational Psychologist and able to work face to face with clients.
- Relevant experience of working with children within educational, childcare, or community settings.
- A Mobile candidate able to visit schools around the local authority.
- Able to provide an example to show you understand co-production and the voice of the child.
- Ability to be a reflective practitioner
- Experience of working in a local authority EPS.
- To perform effectively as an EP in a multi professional context, contributing to team planning arrangements with schools and collaborating in work with other disciplines as appropriate.
- Knowledgeable in the SEND Code of Practice with particular reference to EHCNAs.
- To provide high quality psychological consultation to schools, undertaking individual specialist psychological assessment where appropriate, undertaking classroom observation and learning environment assessment, and giving feedback to schools in agreed formats.
- Assist maintained mainstream and special schools and Short Stay Schools to improve the learning conditions for children, providing consultation to relevant adults working with children and young people and delivering training on specific areas (in collaboration with other disciplines as appropriate).
- To support the statutory responsibilities of the LA in relation to Special Educational Needs.
- To contribute to and participate in continuing professional development.
The pay rate for this locum Educational Psychologist job is £500 per day (Assignment rate) and is a minimum 6-month contract.
SW Locums will provide you with:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.