SW Locums are looking to engage the services of a competent Educational Psychologist to serve children and young people up to 25 years through statutory or centrally prioritised work on behalf of the local authority.
Providing consultation, assessments and reports including statutory reports as part of the Education Health and Care Plan assessment process.
You will be responsible for promoting and following the HCPC psychologist standards, using joint problem solving approaches to identify, assess, plan, do and review to meet the needs of vulnerable children.
Full Job Description upon request
Remote working considered but would prefer local so 1:1 visits can be maintained effectively
- Level 7 qualification in Educational Psychology e.g. Post Graduate Certificates and Diplomas with extensive experience in the relevant specialist area and other related areas of work, or a wider range of areas
- Qualified Educational Psychologist with Health and Care Professions Council registration
- A first degree in psychology or an equivalent qualification recognised by the British Psychological Society as conferring the Graduate Basis for Membership
- Willingness & ability to obtain and/or enhance qualifications and/or
- Training for development in this post.
- Knowledge of the statutory framework which guides the work of educational psychologists e.g. safeguarding and ethical standards.
- Knowledge of current psychological theory and research in relation to Education Psychology.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of assessment techniques, with the ability to review the needs of children and young people with SEN.
- Experience of providing specialist recommendations and provision for the needs of children and young people with SEN.
- Experience of building effective working relationships with multiple partners, agencies, parents and stakeholders in respect to providing educational services to children and young people.
- Ability to plan, prioritise & manage a complex workload effectively within prescribed time-scales.
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively both in writing and verbally
- Able to use a range of computer applications and ICT e.g. word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, internet and e-mail
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.