SW Locums are recruiting for a Qualified Social Worker with extensive UK, post qualification statutory social work experience to work as an IRO in Enfield.
You would be required to comply with statutory guidance by providing independent chairing of child protection conferences and reviews of looked after children, and to cover some LADO work, if needed .
Our client would expect you to act as consultant to managers, social work staff and other agencies about policy, procedure and practice relating to Child Protection/safeguarding and Children Looked After.
This is a highly sought after role in a a very supportive and well structured team.
This role offers some home working but conferences and LAC reviews are face to face (hybrid model)
- To chair child protection conferences within statutory timescales and ensuring that the views of children and young people are heard and given due attention.
- To develop clear, outcome based child protection plans to secure a child’s future safety and well-being.
- To ensure records of these meetings are accurate.
- To chair Looked After Reviews in accordance with current legislation and the IRO Handbook, and to ensure that children and young people actively participate in these processes.
- To produce accurate records of these reviews.
- Quality assurance –to monitor and audit cases, ensuring the regular review and monitoring of individual child protection and care plans and the achievement of appropriate and timely outcomes for children and young people.
- To chair strategy meetings, when there are child protection allegations against staff and volunteers and to keep accurate records.
- To ensure that the local procedures are followed through all activity.
- To act as a consultant on child protection and care planning to team managers, social work staff and other agencies with the aim of providing direction and guidance to ensure standards are maintained and procedures adhered to.
- To contribute to single and multi agency training around safeguarding and care planning.
- To ensure the implementation of child protection and care plans thorough monitoring and liaison with social workers and managers and to use the escalation procedure as and when required.
- To contribute to the development of recording, evaluation and quality assurance systems for children subject to child protection plans and looked after children. This will include analysis of information and information sharing with managers and social workers to maintain and promote high practice standards.
- Any other duties reasonably requested by management.
- Carry out all accountabilities in compliance with the Council’s Policies and Procedures.
SW Locums will provide YOU with:
- Attractive, accurate and fast rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Well informed, accurate and conscientious assistance.
- We are available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.