SW Locums are looking for a Principal Environmental Health Officer to To provide Principal Officer / team leader duties in accordance with the role profile for the duration of the contract.
- To supervise and participate in the work of the environmental protection section of the Environmental and Community Protection Service;
- To act as “Officer in charge of investigation”, under the terms of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, in relation to all Environmental Protection legal proceedings;
- To respond to complaints and inspect premises under all relevant public health and health and safety legislation.
- BSc Degree in Environmental Health or the Diploma in Environmental Health or their equivalent and registration by the EHORB
- Full clean driving licence
- Knowledge and experience of legal proceedings
- Current knowledge of relevant work areas
- Ability to work to tight deadlines on a wide variety of tasks
- Methodical and well organised, with a commitment to providing a quality service and attention to detail
- Experience of supervising Environmental Health Officers and Technical support staff
- Capable of dealing with the public and representatives of private sector organisations with tact, and with firmness when required
- Experience of attendance and representation at Regional groups.
- Able to successfully demonstrate strong interpersonal and management skills
- Able to engage with colleagues and elected members effectively to ensure that issues are prioritised and resolved and queries answered with high customer satisfaction rates
- Able to engage with a range of internal and external stakeholders in the production of reports, information and communications.
Further Job description available upon request
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
Rest assured, we will look after you.
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.