SW Locums are looking for an individual with demonstrable UK experience in Health and Social Care, preferably qualified to NVQ Level 2 standard.
This role is based in Knowsley Borough Council
To work as a member of the Family First Service delivering targeted, tiered and co-ordinated interventions to families with a range of interacting needs.
These will include effective parenting skills, relationship breakdown, family dynamics; emotional health and well-being, sexual health and self-esteem. Support will also be offered to children and parents to tackle issues such as poor school attendance and exclusion, risk-taking behaviour including crime, anti-social behaviour and employability.
The post-holder will contribute to assessment, planning and intervention for families as set out by the Lead Practitioner and will work in partnership with parents and children providing practical, hands on support, information, advice and guidance covering a range of issues such as children’s developmental needs, benefits and finance, learning, school attendance, behaviour management, parenting strategies etc:
The Family Support Worker will also deliver a variety of individual and group-based interventions to children and families, which will help move them forward, raising their aspirations and belief in their capacity to change their own lives.
- Minimum NVQ level 2 or equivalent in a related field (e.g. Health and Social Care) or equivalent experience
- Ability to embrace the values of KMBC.
- Minimum of 2 years, recent experience of working directly with families with multiple needs with children aged 0-18.
- Ability to work in partnership with partner agencies, families and communities.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills with service users, professionals and other colleagues.
- Ability to keep appropriate records and produce reports.
- Experience of engaging and maintaining open constructive relationships with service users.
- Experience of engaging hard to reach families using persistence and creativity.
- To have an assertive and pro-active approach to partnership working including the ability to identify and overcome barriers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of, acceptance and commitment to the principles underlying equal opportunities.
- Demonstrable commitment to safeguarding the welfare and safety of children and young people at all times.
- Ability to prioritise work under pressure and to be self-motivating.
- Understanding and knowledge of child development and family functioning.
- Integrity and ability to be open and honest, to maintain high standards of personal behaviour and display strong moral principles
- Accountability and willingness to take personal responsibility for your actions and decisions, and to understand the consequences of your behaviour
- A demonstrable willingness to share information and work with other people.
- Must have a health respect and a strong desire to treat people with care and dignity, observing the rights of other people, and helping and supporting others where you can.
- A demonstrable willingness to share information and work with other people, including the ability to listen, communicate with and understand others, taking account of other people’s points of view.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
- Ability to use equipment as instructed and trained
- Ability to inform management of any health and safety issues which could place individuals in danger.
At SW Locums you will get:
- Attractive, accurate and super fast rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Straight talking, conscientious and well informed advice.
- We are available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.