SW Locums are looking for qualified social workers for Goole and the Humberside area. The roles are within Children and families and this particular role is to assess the need for services and hold and manage a caseload of children and young people subject Child in Need Plans, Child Protection Plans, and Children Looked After.
This is a 3 month initial contract with the option to extend where necessary
- In the course of the work with children, young people and families the social worker will liaise with key child care, e.g. education, health, police.
- Information gathered will be considered in developing the work plan with the child/young person/family.
- Social workers will undertake the range of statutory functions in relation to Children in Need, Safeguarding and Looked After Children.
- They will work within the legislative framework, policy and procedure.
- Social Workers will keep accurate and up to date electronic client information records on the Integrated Children’s System (CCM) ensuring data protection and client confidentiality is adhered to at all times.
- Social Workers will prepare reports for child protection case conferences, the children and families courts and statutory reviews and for other purposes as necessary.
- Diploma or degree in Social Work (including Social Work England registration).
- Significant relevant experience of working with vulnerable children / young people and their families in a social work capacity.
- A clear understanding of risk, vulnerability and impact on children and young people.
- Excellent understanding of child development, childcare legislation, child protection procedures and current government guidance in relation to social work practice and early intervention.
- An understanding of the assessment framework, Team Around the Family meetings and the Lead Professional role.
- Well developed written communication skills and an ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence through the medium of English.
Working with SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
- Our aim is to provide service users with the best possible social workers.
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.