SW Locums are looking to source a qualified social worker with Social Work England Registration to work in the Children in Need team in Hackney. Your role will be to provide a high quality and effective social work service to respond to the needs of children and their families in a timely manner and within statutory guidelines.
You will have a manageable caseload and be required to assess need, plan and deliver focused intervention to safeguard children and promote positive outcomes.
- To undertake interviews, observation and gather information from children, families and other agencies.
- To analyse, summarise and evaluate this information to provide a holistic assessment of a child’s needs
- To understand the context of child development, parenting capacity and family and environmental factors in which to establish the needs of an individual child
- To assess and balance risk and protective factors within a child protection framework
- To provide written and verbal reports which are concise, informative and based on analysis of complex evidence
- To review and reassess when necessary and be open to a change of view in response to new evidence
Planning and service delivery
- On the basis of assessed needs, to devise written plans for intervention and/or care for children and their families
- To work closely with the therapist assigned to the Social Work Unit and take advice in devising and implementing clinical interventions with children and their families, in various settings including family homes
- To carry out planned interventions using a range of tried and tested methodologies including systemic and social learning theory approaches
- To use research findings and statutory guidance to inform social work practice
- To utilise problem solving skills within the context of a professional relationship with parents and their children
- To develop and manage Child Protection Plans for all children on the Child Protection Register in line with child protection procedures
- To provide and present concise reports about complex information in line with the requirements of the London Child Protection Procedures, and the court
- To acquire knowledge about different groups, races and cultures which inform service delivery and to understand the impact of racism and discrimination on children and their families
- To work within a flexible framework in order to meet the demands of the service outside usual 9-5 hours
- To undertake any other duties as directed by managers in accordance with the needs of the service
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.