SW Locums require a UK experienced, Qualified Social Worker for the Integrated Discharge Service.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
• Degree or equivalent (diploma/CQSW) in social work
• Social Work England registration
• 2 years previous experience as a social worker within adult services, particularly hospital discharge social work.
• Clear experience and operational knowledge of working in a busy and pressurised front-line team
• Have a clear understanding of and experience working with Adult Social Care statutory duties under the Care Act 2014, Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act and other primary legislation and guidance including Continuing Health Care.
• To demonstrate person centred working
• To facilitate and support individuals to complete a needs assessment using a strengths-based approach, which focuses on the skills and abilities, considers their networks of support both within families and the wider community
• See working under pressure as a challenge.
• Work well within a multi-agency team.
• To be able to record to a high standard and evidence base work
• Working in a fast paced environment as this is time-limited work
• Working primarily with older people, as well as working age adults
• To promote and maintain independence for vulnerable adults
• To protect adults at risk using procedures to safeguard adults from abuse
• With the adult and carer, formulate and implement personal budgets and support plans
• Assist and participate in the management of the duty service and carry out screening of clients to determine criteria to be supported by the service
• To be expected to also work to the D2A (discharge to assess) model Essential visits are required when risk assessed, home working will be available.
At SW Locums you will benefit from: