SW Locums would like to secure the services of a temporary social worker to work in Halton Children in Care (CIC) Team.
We need a UK experienced practitioner role, expected to undertake cases independently with an ability to adapt the approach from first principles to deal with more complex or unusual cases, assessing and managing risks appropriately. Work with service users and other stakeholders to assist service planning.
- Effectively manage a sometimes complex caseload, undertake a range of assessments and help resolve conflict where appropriate.
- Participate in the planning / reviewing of cases.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with service users, their families and carers.
- Provide advice and support and promote independence and early intervention, as necessary.
- Liaise with colleagues in own or other departments or external agencies to gather relevant information for assessment and care planning activities.
- Maintain and update case notes and other records to required ethical and quality standards.
- Write reports as required and also where required give evidence in court in relation to care proceedings.
- Work effectively on complex situations, use their initiative and evaluate their own and others practice.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Professional qualification in Social Work plus minimum 1 year supervised experience.
- Knowledge of theory and practice of care assessment, planning and detailed knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and its application.
- Supervisory skills, as may supervise students, trainees, support staff and volunteers.
- Analytical, planning and communication skills.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.