SW Locums are looking for a qualified social worker with UK experience to work in the Adult Transition Team in LBHF. The postholder will play a key role in ensuring young people who may be eligible for Adult Social Care under the Care Act have an effective transition from Children’s services.
Pay rate up to £32 Umbrella
- The role will include casework and life planning with young adults, their families, and professionals.
- The postholders practice will be responsive, inclusive, community based and aligned to the Council’s vision for Independent Living.
- Take the lead in safeguarding, managing positive interventions that prevent deterioration in health and wellbeing whilst safeguarding people at risk of abuse or neglect.
- Undertake assessment and planning for safeguarding in more complex cases, and support colleagues by utilising safeguarding skills, in line with current policies and procedures and applying the principles of making safeguarding personal.
- The postholder will work within the legislative frameworks (Children and Adults) and agreed Local Authority policies and procedures. This will include taking appropriate safeguarding action as and when required.
- The postholder will work to the principles of co-production and personalisation, ensuring that care and support are person centred. Key areas of work will include carrying out assessments of need, planning of services and reviewing outcomes with the individual, their families and carers and circle of support.
- As a social work professional, you will bring significant expertise to complex cases. The team is based with the adult learning disability service and works closely with the disabled children’s team, the SEN preparation for adulthood keyworkers and wider teams across Children’s and Adult services.
SW Locums are committed to offering you:
- Fastest pay available, from completion of timesheet to reaching your bank.
- Constant, polite support with your own, vastly experienced,informative, conscientious and knowledgeable consultant.
- Knowledge that you will be in the hands of one of the most experienced teams available.
- Support with HMRC Compliant Umbrella sourcing.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.