SW Locums are looking for a UK experienced, Social Work England registered, Social Worker to work in the Early Intervention, Community Rehabilitation or Locality Mental Health Team in Haringey.
Details of the role:
- To carry out Care Act assessments and support people who present with functional and/or organic mental health problems in Haringey by using community resources and the social care budget to meet their needs.
- To act as a care coordinator in the Locality Mental Health Team
- To devise care and support plans with service-users and their carers and undertake reviews under the Care Act and Care Programme Approach (CPA)
- To apply a strengths-based approach to working with service-users and their carers providing evidence based therapeutic social work practice and skills such as motivational interviewing, trauma informed care and psychoeducation.
- To provide service users and their carers with clear and intelligible information which will assist them in making informed decisions about their treatment and care.
- To provide effective liaison with colleagues in primary care, social services, community health and voluntary organisations and champion people’s rights and entitlements in the wider mental health of older adult services.
- To provide guidance to the rest of the team on applying the Care Act and other mental health and social care legislation and to prepare appropriate information/ referrals/reports to access community resources.
- To work closely with other members of the multi-disciplinary team including psychology, occupational therapists, nurses, support workers, medical professionals and pharmacology to ensure that the best quality of care is provided and effective use of the social care budget.
- To be willing to train as an Approved Mental Health Professional, (AMHP) and once qualified to share knowledge and practice with the team and contribute to the AMHP rota
- If required, to be willing to train as a Best Interest Assessor (BIA)/ Approved Mental Capacity Professional (AMCP) and once qualified to share knowledge and practice with the team and contribute to the AMCP rota.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.