SW Locums are recruiting for a qualified social worker to work in the SEND Team in Haringey. The candidate must be able to display a previous history and knowledge related to working in a similar team. HCPC Registration is essential for this post.
To deliver all aspects of social work provisions to Disabled Children and their families.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES
- To assess, identify levels of risk and need and deliver protective or supportive services for children at risk or in need or subject to a Protection Plan.
- Understanding and awareness of the changes taking place in social work including ‘integrated services approach’.
- To deliver a high quality service to children in our care within our role of corporate parent and aimed ensuring best outcomes for children and young people.
- To implement Child Protection plans by working in partnership with parents and colleagues from other agencies to effect better outcome for children on the Register.
- To promote the welfare of children in need with particular regard for their age, sex, disability, health, race, religion, culture and life experience.
· Social Work qualification and registration with the HCPC
· Experience of working directly with Disabled children and young people and/or Disabled adults and their families from a linguistically and culturally diverse community.
· Experience of working in the Statutory, Voluntary or the Independent sector.
· Experience of using computers, including Microsoft office applications.
Skills / knowledge / abilities
· Ability to undertake high quality assessments and provide clear analysis, with prescribed timescales.
· Skills in assessing the needs of Disabled children and young people, in the formulating care plans and packages of service provision.
· Ability to analyse risk in child protection and to plan appropriate interventions.
· A knowledge and understanding of the developmental needs of Disabled children and young people within the context of their family and other social relationship.