We require a qualified social worker for the Children & Family Assessment and Intervention Team based in Harlow.
These teams are the gateway through which children, young people, parents/carers and other agencies gain access to Children and Families services. Assessment and Intervention undertakes incoming assessments and short – term intervention work with families; working with children from pre- birth up to a child’s 18th birthday.
They focus on children in need (CIN) and their families, offering three months’ intervention. They also deal with S47 child protection enquiries and work jointly with the police and other partners in assessing immediate risk for children that come to our attention. A&I primarily transfer cases into Family Support and Protection Teams should families require longer-term intervention, or if the children become subject to a child protection plan or come into care of the local authority. If following an assessment and brief intervention the family do not require a social work service, they could be stepped down to Family Solutions as part of our Early Help Offer.
Job Purpose Summary
Managing a defined caseload, the social worker is responsible for working effectively with children, young people and families/carers to achieve positive change and improved outcomes. This includes enquiry, assessment, purposeful intervention through direct work and review in relation to Child Protection, Child in Need and Children Looked After; achieving permanency through care for Children in Care.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Diploma or degree in social work, CQSW, CSS or equivalent.
- Registration with Social Work England as a registered Social Worker.
- Demonstrable capability of practice in accordance with current professional standards e.g. Professional Capability Framework (PCF), Knowledge & Skills Statement (KSS).
- Demonstrate an ability in the application of social work knowledge, using emotional intelligence, analytical skills and act with confidence in challenging social and family situations.
- A good working knowledge and ability to use information technology and related systems e.g. Word, social work case recording systems.
- Required to work flexibly as required, very occasionally including evenings and weekends.