SW Locums require a Senior Social Worker for the Children in Need Team in Harrow. You will be the allocated Social Worker to complete assessments for children in need, including those in need of protection, children looked after, those subject to public care proceedings and, where directed by the Court, children subject to private law proceedings.
• This position requires the post holder to have a recognised Social Work qualification (e.g. CQSW, DipSW or equivalent).
• The post holder must be registered with the Health & Care Professions Council for admittance to the Social Care Register from 1st April ’05.
• This post is exempt from Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 as the duties allow the post holder access to children and young people under 18years of age. Applicants are not entitled to withhold information about any convictions, spent or otherwise, and are required to notify the Council of any matters pending.
• The post holder is expected to complete all mandatory training and be willing to undertake other intermediate and more specialists training when necessary and appropriate, as determined through regular appraisal and development.
• The post holder must have a working knowledge of all statutory duties and responsibilities relating to children and families, including:-
• The post holder must have a proven track record of:-
At SW Locums you will benefit from: