SW Locums are searching for a capable and reliable Qualified Social Worker with substantial UK experience within Adult Hospital Services as a Senior Practitioner in the team.
All applicants must be Social Work England registered and hold right to work in the UK.
Must have experience in a similar setting in the UK within the past 6 months.
You will be responsible for patients allocated to them and will assess, manage, plan and deliver care, including being professionally and legally accountable.
The post holder will support their peers and the clinical team leader and be an effective team member whilst working on their own initiative. They will have a commitment to collaborative working and actively supporting and liaising with other health and social professionals and agencies.
- To be responsible for organising and prioritising own workload in the day to day allocation of work.
- To deputise when required in the Clinical Lead’s absence.
- To have organisational knowledge relating to Trust protocols and procedures and adhere to them.
- To be responsible for providing accurate records of information required by the Trust for audit purposes.
- To ensure effective risk management at team level by accident/incident reporting, assessing and controlling risk and ensuring residual risks are added to the Trust register.
- Demonstrate an ability to work under pressure, prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Experience of working across health and social care boundaries.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of social care processes and responsibilities in line with ‘Personalisation’.
- Demonstrate good decision making practice, prepare for and participate in decision making forums.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of relevant medical conditions and their impact upon service users and carers.
- Be able to assess and manage risk, balancing rights and responsibilities of service users and carers
- Be able to apply professional assertiveness to justify decisions and uphold professional social care practice, values and ethics.
- Demonstrate flexibility in thinking, openness of mind and readiness for change.
- Demonstrate an understanding of safeguarding standards that underpin safeguarding activity,
- including assessment of Mental Capacity.
- Detailed understanding of the Care Act and other appropriate legislation.
- Be able to apply and justify social care methods and models using research and demonstrate current knowledge of best health and social care practice.
- Ability to evaluate practice against Professional Capabilities Framework and standards as agreed in the service.
- Understanding and awareness of government agendas, as applied to adults and carers, and the ability to translate this into service requirements.
- A good understanding of equality and diversity and how to implement this in practice.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” and “Find your own job” bonus scheme offering up to £500 for successfully placed referrals.*
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme