SW Locums are looking for an experienced Housing Officer to work as an Extra Support Officer to deliver a quality support services that enables tenants to manage their own property, with on-site care, support and tenancy management, to ensure that tenancies are sustained and individuals are supported to remain as independent as possible.
- You will be able to develop effective partnership working between Tenants and on site providers.
- To deliver housing related support to tenants in accordance with service specification and Supporting People Quality Assurance Framework.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining Tenants files, write reports and assessments.
- Undertake holistic needs led assessment and develop and agree tailored support plans that promote and encourage tenant development and sustained independence.
- Ensure Tenant care and support plans are reviewed in partnership with Social Care staff and record and monitor outputs.
- Introduce new tenants to the scheme including initial advice on operating domestic appliances, setting up utility bills, safety procedures and provide ongoing advice and support to tenants of their rights and responsibilities in adhering to their Tenancy agreement.
- Assist tenants with benefit claims and coordinate access to benefit advice for tenants in need by ensuring tenants have information and provide access to debt counselling advice services if required.
- Respond promptly and effectively to crisis and emergency situations.
- Effectively nurture positive working relationships with council colleagues, social care providers, the local community and all partner agencies involved in the service to ensure open and effective communication and co-ordination of services for tenants.
- Be aware of and ensure compliance with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act and corporate responsibilities around safeguarding vulnerable adults and children.
- To cover reception duties.
- Must have IT skills, understanding of tenancies issues, positive attitude, good people skills.
With SW Locums you can rely on:
- Fastest pay available, from completion of timesheet to reaching your bank.
- Constant, polite support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle”, informative and conscientious advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.