SW Locums are looking for a Housing Register and Allocations Assistant for Hillingdon. The candidate will be responsible for the day to day support to deliver Hillingdon’s housing register and housing allocations service that not only meets statutory requirements but realises our ambitions to support residents who need assistance to resolve their housing need.
The post-holder will be responsible for undertaking case by case allocations of temporary accommodation, maintenance of the Housing Register and transfer list and resolution of accepted homeless cases to ensure the service is responsive to client needs within available resources ensuring agreed team plans and performance targets are delivered.
- To actively support the management of the service delivering a professional, responsive and individualised service to Hillingdon residents requiring housing advice and to explore and sign-post to housing options.
- To demonstrate understanding of the Council’s Customer Care Standards and ensure that these standards are met in order to deliver the Council vision of ‘putting our residents first’.
- To provide holistic, informed and accurate housing advice which is “right first time”, to all approaches to the service.
- To support, coach and empower residents to independently assess and manage their own housing situation and make informed choices.
- To contribute to investigating and assessing all applicants under the Housing Act 1985 and Housing Act 1996 (Part VI) to assess whether housing is required.
- To support the prioritising of housing applicants in the appropriate category and banding in line with the Council’s allocation policy and other guidelines. To assist in writing and serving decision letters on all applications.
- To contribute to the maintenance of the choice based letting system which enables applicants to bid for properties, including the advertising and marketing of available properties.
- To support appropriate nominations and allocations to all permanent accommodation that the Council owns or has nomination rights to. To do so within agreed timescales to minimise voids / re-let periods.
- To be responsible for the daily booking of clients into B&B and temporary accommodation. Support the placing of households into emergency accommodation, where required, including households for social care services. To support reception and late duty rotas (outside office hours) if required to ensure that all customers approved for emergency accommodation are placed on the day.
- To make contact with households in temporary accommodation where needed to provide them with advice and guidance on the full range of housing options available to them and manage their expectations, taking into account their needs and aspirations, their priority on the Housing Register, where this applies, and ability to sustain other options, including intermediate housing options and private rented accommodation.
- To support the development and implementation of temporary accommodation tenancy checks, investigate cases where there is concern that temporary accommodation has been abandoned, sub-let or misused and where appropriate, assist in taking action to discharge the Council’s homelessness duty.
- To work with members of the Team to monitor bidding activity across households in temporary accommodation and offer support to those households who require assistance, in order to help them make informed choices about their future housing.
- To support the making of referrals to relevant services or departments, including the Council’s medical officer, social care services and housing options services and contribute to investigate high need or exceptional cases.
- To encourage and help homeless households in temporary accommodation to comply with their licence or tenancy conditions. Where there is a serious breach of duty (including harassment, anti-social behaviour and hate crime) and/or the Council has discharged its homelessness duty, ensure the accommodation is withdrawn and recovered as efficiently and quickly as possible, where appropriate to do so.
- To provide accurate advice to households regarding their offer and consequences of refusals.
- To provide telephone and reception services as needed for customers with rehousing enquiries, including participation in section rotas.
- To amend and update cases, properties and schemes on the LOCATA system and advise applicants on the use of the service. This will include monitoring and identifying any anomalies in bidding patterns and taking action to address issues, such as non-bidding or inappropriate bidding.
- To actively manage case work in accordance to expected standards of timeliness and quality and to adhere to agreed procedures at all times, including maintaining effective record keeping.
- Be knowledgeable and up to date with housing legislation, policy, procedures, case law and Codes of Guidance to ensure statutory requirements are consistently met.
- To contribute to communicating clearly and effectively with staff, customers and their representatives, Elected Members, colleagues and other third parties around all aspects of the service delivery and linkages with other areas, promoting a widespread understanding of the service and its capacity in order to manage stakeholders expectations and agree realistic outcomes and goals.
- To support investigations into complaints and Members Enquiries and ombudsman enquiries as required. Ensure corporate standards are met consistently, including complaints and Members Enquiries, as required
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Great, fast and accurate rates of pay.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide. and exclusive training.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £350 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.