SW Locums have an exciting opportunity with the Central Bedfordshire Housing Service to recruit two Housing Register Officers (Housing Demand Team) located in Shefford.
The post will be for an initial period of 6 months initially with the option to extend longer.
There will be some working from home with the need for travel into the office a few times a week.
The successful candidate will be required to analyse, verify and process housing register applications and respond to customer enquiries under Central Bedfordshire Housing Allocation Scheme.
We are looking for experienced candidates who have knowledge of Housing Allocations Legislation and practice.
The ideal candidate must have knowledge of Part VI, Part VII Housing Act 1996.
The candidate must be an organised, innovative and dedicated to improving service delivery with a customer focus by providing real solutions for people in housing need.
- To manage the Council’s housing register by prioritising applications in accordance within policy.
- Advising on most appropriate housing solutions for customers having regard to prevention and relief of homelessness.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on the availability of housing in the local area to provide well informed housing register advice.
- Assist the Head of Service in maintaining a strategic view of service provision, identifying priorities and developing work programmes. • Apply your experience to work within a team, to deliver an efficient service that effectively manages housing demand.
- You will undertake complex case work and assist customers with housing relating enquirers.
SW Locums are a small, personable agency who will provide you with the personal care you can rely on, including:
- Fastest pay available, from completion of timesheet to reaching your bank.
- Constant, polite support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle”, informative and conscientious advice.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.*
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.