SW Locums are looking for a UK experienced Qualified Social Worker to work as an Independent Reviewing Officer (child protection conferences). The successful candidate will join the service at an exciting time as our client works to really embed the role of the Independent Reviewing Officer with a clear focus on quality assuring Initial and Review Child Protection Conferences.
1. CQSW/DipSW or recognised equivalent qualification
2. Post Qualifying Awards in Child Care
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
1. A minimum of 3 years post qualifying experience in childcare work including child protection and childcare.
2. Experience in a managerial role in children’s social work
3. Experience of chairing childcare and child protection meetings e.g. core groups, planning meetings, Child In Need meetings and strategy meetings.
4. A good understanding of current research in child protection, child care and fostering standards.
5. Awareness of issues surrounding allegations against professionals, carers and volunteers.
6. Sound understanding of issues of child sexual exploitation.
7. Ability to understand procedure and advise upon issues of procedure and good practice.
8. Sound knowledge of issues surrounding planning for permanence and adoption.
9. Experience of a quality assurance role in relation to social work with children.
10. Experience of undertaking Foster Carer Reviews
At SW Locums you will benefit from: