SW Locums are searching for a UK experienced Social Worker with exceptional knowledge of Kinship and Fostering for our role in Horsham.
Candidates with fostering/adoption background will be considered.
Car Driver Essential
Working Arrangements : one to two days in the office plus visiting families
Pay between £38-42 dependent on experience.
2 candidates required
The Kinship Care Team offer an assessment and support service to kinship carers (including Connected Persons Foster Carers and Special Guardians), who offer permanence for children who are not able to remain in the care of their birth parents. The Kinship Service brings together assessment and support for kinship carers.
We are recruiting for Social Workers to complete the kinship assessments and your role will include completing Initial Viability Assessments (including out of county), Special Guardianship Order Assessments for Court and Connected Persons Assessments for Fostering Panel.
- You will need to have comprehensive child protection experience to be able to oversee the balance and assessment of risk.
- You will have a very good understanding of what an excellent assessment looks like and an ability to make good practice decisions in a timely manner.
- You will need to work collaboratively with other areas of Children’s Services and professionals involved in the care planning process of a child’s life.
- We are looking for an emotionally intelligent, organised, resilient individual who is able to work to Court and Fostering Panel directed deadlines whilst ensuring the highest quality of assessment, and also effectively balancing the demands of working on a number of different assessments at the same time.
- The team has a strong and supportive leadership ethos and is committed to the professional development of all members.
- The Kinship Care Team is enthusiastic and dedicated to completing complex and, at times, finely balanced assessments with comprehensive support plans.
- It is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a creative team within Children’s Services which is recognised for positively contributing to children’s care plans.
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- Constant support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable consultant.
- Great rates of pay.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- Fastest and accurate payments available.
- Contact available 24/7.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Access to on-going training opportunities.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.