SW Locums are looking for a Social Work England, Qualified Social Worker with UK experience in Adult Services, to contribute to the delivery of highly effective services within Adult Social Care, in an efficient manner. The service is delivered using a strengths based, personalised approach.
The team is well established and well managed.
The role requires a car driver with access to a vehicle during working hours
You will work closely with colleagues within the Council and partners ensuring that person centred outcomes are met in ways which utilises available resources as effectively as possible.
Required to work within organisational policy and legislative requirements including The Care Act, Mental Capacity Act and Mental health Act.
All staff working in the department have a responsibility for promoting and supporting the Council’s policies and procedures for safeguarding. You should ensure that you carry out your duties and work at all times in a way that ensures the safeguarding and welfare of service users.
- A recognised professional Social Work, qualification recognised by HCPC
- Current Enhanced DBS
- must be able to travel throughout Medway
- Minimum 1 year Post Qualification experience with a willingness to work towards Practice Education or Best Interest Assessor or Approved Mental Health Professional Qualification.
- Social Work England Registratioon
- Knowledge and experience in the application of relevant legislation, statutory guidance, standards and procedures relating to Adult Social Care
- Knowledge and experience in the application of National Policies and development relating to Adult’s Social Care policy areas and the impact on people and their families
- Knowledge and experience in the application of relevant theoretical frameworks, practice models, research findings and the application of psychological and human development theories
- Take responsibility for managing a case load and developing skills to manage complex work.
- Working towards developing skills to supervise other staff and students.
- Awareness and experience of adult safeguarding.
- Demonstrable experience of strong ICT skills and recording of accurate information
At SW Locums you will benefit from:
- The best rates of pay available.
- Fast & Accurate payment each week.
- Committed support with your own, vastly experienced and knowledgeable, consultant, available 24/7.
- No “waffle” straight talking, conscientious and informed advice.
- We are committed to putting the service users first and finding you the most suitable placement.
- Access to exclusive vacancies nationwide and exclusive training packages.
- Free DBS and compliance service.
- Industry leading “Refer a Friend” recommendation scheme offering up to £300 for successfully placed referrals.
- Excellent “Find your own job” bonus – get £250 for bringing your own position to us *
SW Locums follow the government guidelines on ensuring safety of all during the risk of Covid-19.
* Terms and conditions apply to our bonus scheme.